Saturday, January 04, 2014

Running Journal 3

It isn't as cold as it was yesterday, and the wind has pretty much died down, so I'm taking the opportunity to go for a run. It's actually a beautiful day, and I'm going to make the most of it: basic movement outside this morning, lefse and eggs for breakfast, qigong body-mind method this afternoon, a little bit of work in the shed-garage-workshop, and as the sun begins to descend in the west, I head out on a different path. Variety is.

It's less than a mile east on Park Street to the nature preserve with a trail around a nice, quiet pond. I have it to myself, though people have been walking their dogs. Once around is about half a mile, so I do three laps, alternating heel-toe and toe-heel, and the surface is great, especially the boardwalk that crosses the marshy north end of the pond. I take a little detour on the way back to avoid the construction area where Park St. is torn up, and it works out to right around four miles in about 40 minutes, a slight improvement on my last time, not that it matters.

I'm tracking in mud and slush but it's worth it. I'll reward myself with a Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA with the last of the homemade lefse and a very garlicky guacamole. Oofda!

1 comment:

David said...

It should be no surprise that I am behind on my reading of your blog and I am glad to see that you are still at it.

Hope your 2014 is going well.