Sunday, March 23, 2014

Running Journal 12

Ho hum. Another week another four-mile run at 12-minute pace, another good stretch afterwards, this time made remarkable by my cat, Lamar, taking a special interest in my hands while I lay on my back doing long, slow, circular shoulder rotations. Must be the qi streaming out of limbs from pent-up energy in tight core and leg muscles.

The only noticeable difference this week was a longish bike ride yesterday (it's good to cross-train) and a need to walk part of the way back today (calf muscles tightened up). I am drawing no conclusions from either bit of evidence, and it was a boring way to end a boring weekend of college basketball on TV.

How could that be? When every team, favorite or underdog, Kentucky or Wichita State, plays the same inside-outside offense, attack the rim and kick it out for the three-pointer, and March Madness looks a lot like American Idol. I think I'll leave that simile alone.

No comments: